What?! OK this is nuts y’all. 1- I have a child 2- I am a mother and 3- I have a child that is 1 month old!!! Oh but most importantly 4- I have managed to keep my child alive for an entire month! Booyah! Mother of the Year Award goes right here!
So here’s our week in a nutshell:
The Miracle Blanket is a gift from God. So can I just tell you how in love I am with this
straight jacket blanket? OK, yes it is a little odd when you think about it because it definitely straps her in there, but seriously E has slept in 6 hr increments three nights this week! OMG!!! Unfortunately I am not sleeping for that entire 6 hr stretch, because I’m crazy, but WOW this thing is Uh-Mazing!
She is already responding to my voice. At first I thought it was just coincidental but several times this week Eliana has responded to me and she will smile at the little voices I make. My mom and John have both witnessed it. She will sit there like she’s waiting for the next sound and smile as wide as she can. It’s the cutest thing EVER.
She loves to sleep on her tummy. I know this is controversial, but honestly I don’t care. My child likes to nap on her tummy and as long as I’m close by I feel confident that she is safe. What’s even more exciting is that I have watched her literally pick her head up and turn it the other way a few times now. My little girl is strong!
Eliana has a full-grown-man double chin with skinny limbs. She definitely has her daddy’s long skinny limbs, but man oh man is that double chin edible. I just want to pinch it. Sometimes she cocks her head back, with an almost constipated look, and that double chin pokes out something fierce.
She’s her daddy’s child. Without a doubt. She looks so much like her daddy it’s scary. There’s a few features that resemble mine, but for the most part, she’s all daddy-o.
She’s an addict already. She’s completely addicted to me and the boob. It’s nipple time all the time. I’m going to have to buy some more of those nipple gel pads, because I’m really starting to get a little sensitive with all the milk eating we have going on.
Nothing scares her. Typically when there’s a sudden noise, like dogs barking, a baby will jump or get scared. Not this girl. Both dogs will start barking and she won’t even acknowledge it. Nothing phases her.
Major eye yuckiness. I noticed this past weekend that her eye was overly watery. By Sunday, there was some major crustiness and gukiness so I called her pediatrician Monday to get it checked out. Apparently this is very common with newborns and there are tiny tear ducts that normally drain the tears from the eyes into the cavities near the nose. Sometimes these tiny tear ducts are not completely open at birth or become clogged later on. Excess tears then well up in the eyes. As a general principle of the human body, if fluid can’t normally drain, like water in a stagnant pond, it can get infected. He said hers doesn’t look infected but I just need to keep an eye out (no pun intended) and he showed me how to massage it. He also suggested saline spray. Let’s just say the spray was a NIGHTMARE, so I have just been massaging to crud out of her, literally. So far so good because I haven’t seen any crusties for the past few days.
Tomorrow is her 1 month check-up. So excited to see how much she has grown!
- lifefromabooth likes this
- em-pea-em likes this
- twentyearsfromnow said: I hope the goopy eye clears up for your baby girl! My Sophie is 8 months and still suffers from it, and the doc won’t do anything until she is a year besides antibiotic drops. I tried breastmilk, and it didn’t work, but I know it has for so many.
- kindnessandmischief likes this
- sabine said: Instead of saline spray, you can also use breast milk. Seriously. And it doesn’t dry out the way saline spray does. Luisa had this too.
- hawaiianmommy likes this
- mamabretzlaff likes this
- ouradvntrbook likes this
- kimber-leigh likes this
- pamilya likes this
- spheress likes this
- nosmokewithoutpryor likes this
- juneofthemoon likes this
- thepreppyhippielife likes this
- coffeewithasuperhero likes this
- blairsings said: She looks like you and John more and more in every picture!
- nibblesandbits likes this
- myivflife likes this
- butterfly-mama said: I think with supervision tummy sleeping is fine :) You do what you gotta, your her mom and the best mom she has! My girl loves side sleeping, and has rolled herself there for months LOL
- amiracle4us likes this
- butterfly-mama likes this
- mypigeonpair likes this
- mommiemaddness likes this
- thebeautiful-exchange likes this
- happinessiseva likes this
- pleadshirt likes this
- mrsn0rris likes this
- kaitmarie likes this
- asitypethis said: love this! can’t believe she’s a month already?!
- gavinandxandersmom likes this
- likewildflowers likes this
- goldenheart-jen likes this
- sweetpeafairies likes this
- stillwaitinglife likes this
- heyvalnicehair likes this
- haleystumble said: gah, shes just so PRETTY! serously- one of the most gorgeous infants ive ever seen! happy 1 month Emoney!
- viaukraine likes this
- itsalovethingalways said: Wow can’t believe she is a month already!!!
- haleystumble likes this
- asitypethis likes this
- ohhappymiracle posted this