What a whirlwind of unconditional love/commitment/excitement/exhaustion/life lessons these past six months have been. No one and I mean NO ONE can prepare you for what a little life can bring. To say I have been tested would be putting it lightly. Being a mommy is life changing. Period. There have been so many highs, so many lows. There have been days where I feel clueless, overly challenged, but most importantly madly in love. It’s true. It makes almost no sense how one can be overly exhausted/stressed/confused but at the end of the day want to eat your child’s inner thigh because the love you feel is so yummy you can’t stand it.
Some days I don’t know how I do it and wonder if I’m doing it right, but then you do this amazing little thing, where you nuzzle your head into my chest, or your eyes light up when I enter the room. You reach up for me to hold you. You moan when I walk away. You do a new trick after I spend countless minutes trying to teach you how to do it yourself. You make the cutest little screeching noise when I sing to you. You giggle when I tickle you…
In these moments, the doubt washes away and I realize how awesome this job really is. I am teaching you about life. How to be you. And so far I think I’m doing a pretty badass job.
At six months you are growing fast and furious. Your cheeks are filling just right, and your belly is pouring over your leggings as it should. Your focus consists of movement these days. I can see the determination in your eyes when you push off of something. You’re within days of crawling and after yesterday’s event, dare I say, walking.
Your personality is HUGE! It takes a lot to upset you. Our days are full of ginormous giggly smiles and determination. You’re always looking to try something new. Learn something bigger…
There’s something about you that radiates the room. You have this presence that I’m finding more and more people gravitate towards.
You welcome people into your space without hesitation. You love with your whole being.
Keep up the awesome. Keep up the happy. Keep up just being you.
(photos by Melissa Jordan)
- butterfly-mama likes this
- quyenhuynh likes this
- kindnessandmischief likes this
- mrsworshamblog said: she is so beautiful!!
- mrsworshamblog likes this
- nibblesandbits likes this
- katunedited likes this
- madtown likes this
- asitypethis likes this
- fivepoundnote likes this
- postifchronicles likes this
- mommiemaddness likes this
- wheremygreengrassgrows said: isn’t motherhood the best? she is suh a pretty little thing. happy half year, e!!
- wheremygreengrassgrows likes this
- growingupcarly likes this
- myivflife said: Love! The pictures are awesome.
- amlewis said: Great photos! Miss E is the perfect mix of you and John. She’s beautiful!!!
- myivflife likes this
- amiracle4us likes this
- feather-hugs likes this
- forever-insatiable likes this
- thebaucompair likes this
- bendallyournotesforme likes this
- bendallyournotesforme said: I adore the photo of you and E in this post! Gorgeous mama, gorgeous baby. Your family is beautiful and I love that you are encouraging your little one to always be herself, right from the very start.
- ourlittlelove likes this
- nosmokewithoutpryor likes this
- thetigerwhocametotea said: Beautiful x
- juneofthemoon likes this
- houseofhicks said: Such a gorgeous family!!
- ladyneils likes this
- dearbaby likes this
- houseofhicks likes this
- smallnmighty said: What a stunning family! Can I have her?…. no?…. damn :)
- outcamethesun likes this
- viaukraine likes this
- happyandtrue likes this
- nemwithlove likes this
- cuffedforlife said: ok seriously, she looks just like you - let’s be honest. at first she looked like john but WHOA now it’s all momma :)
- cuffedforlife likes this
- iwasblindbeforeimetyou likes this
- ohhappymiracle posted this