Whoever said the baby stage flies by wasn’t kidding!
I remember the first two months feeling like I was stuck. Like literally. And then all of a sudden your eyes lit up and this little girl emerged. The transition from 4 to 5 months has been incredible.
Considering you aren’t crawling or walking yet, you’re still into absolutely everything. I cannot sit you in your bumbo and look the other way anymore. Within seconds you try to push your way out. The exersaucer and bouncy swing are still your go-to whenever mommy needs a break. Our favorite time of the day is in the morning, when you first wake up. You’ll lay on the bed and giggle your little heart out watching a few minutes of television.
You love Regis and Kelly— who knew?
We also spend some quality time in the bathroom and place you in the exersaucer while you watch me get ready for the day. I walk you through the entire process, explaining eye liner, mascara and sometimes I even blow the hair dryer in your face— you love it!
You’re sitting up now. Not unattended, but you know it’s a big deal and always seem to make a face like you’re doing something monumental. You’re also really into giggling at things then looking back at me to make sure I see how happy you are. Then you giggle some more like you’re waiting for encouragement to keep laughing. It’s hysterical.
You’re grabbing onto everything, especially when I’m holding you and have something in my hands. And FOOD. When did you become so obsessed with food. Sometimes I’ll let you suck on a chip for like half a second, just to give you a taste. I feel cruel for pulling it away, but I also feel cruel for not allowing you to taste it. I want to wait until six months to start you on purees, but geez, I’m not sure how much longer we can hold out! There’s a piece of me that wants to keep waiting because it makes me sad in a way to transition you onto something else. Breastfeeding has been one of the most challenging things I’ve ever done in my life, but definitely the most rewarding. I am the sole reason that you are growing so rapidly. It’s such a proud feeling for me to see the rolls on your legs and know that I can take 100% credit for it.
Your crib has become one of your favorite places in the whole wide world. It’s your safe haven. After turning on some soft music in the background, you’re out. Now we just have to figure out how to get you to sleep longer :)
And last but not least, you love to hear me sing to you— nice to know someone does. Good lord, your face lights up when I sing one song in particular. Daddy and I have made up a little “Eliana” song and I’ve literally sang it to you every day for over a month. NO matter what, happy, sad, crying, tired, if I sing this song to you, your entire face lights up like you know this song is JUST FOR YOU!
Seriously little girl, I love you beyond the moon, the stars, the universe. Every single thing about you has made me a better person. I love you.
God, I love you! Thank you for bringing so much happiness into our lives.
You were well worth the wait.
- happinessiseva likes this
- houseofhicks likes this
- haleystumble likes this
- amiracle4us said: that she was…..love her :)
- nosmokewithoutpryor said: she is too cute!
- nosmokewithoutpryor likes this
- myivflife likes this
- butterfly-mama likes this
- dover likes this
- callherblessed likes this
- nemwithlove likes this
- mrsn0rris said: She’s so freaking cute!
- mrsn0rris likes this
- outcamethesun said: I have been following you a while & I’ve been wanting to tell you that she is one of the prettiest babies I have ever seen. So adorable! :)
- postifchronicles likes this
- asitypethis said: oh my goodness.. that last photo! To cute
- asitypethis likes this
- mylittlelovebug likes this
- judiism likes this
- stillwaitinglife said: She is adorable.
- stillwaitinglife likes this
- katunedited likes this
- feather-hugs likes this
- madtown likes this
- lizmooremusic likes this
- eerriinnbbaaeerr said: That last picture is just too sweet!
- eerriinnbbaaeerr likes this
- losingwins said: oh my goodness, the grin in that last photo… too stinkin cute!!!
- losingwins likes this
- wheremygreengrassgrows said: she’s such a pretty little thing! love the bottom pic!
- wheremygreengrassgrows likes this
- tabithamsnyder likes this
- otherthingsisay likes this
- healthyfoodandthehousewife likes this
- kindnessandmischief likes this
- ohhappymiracle posted this