Little girl! You’re 4 months!! My precious little Stinky Stinker, Grumpy Gumpers, you’re 4 months!
You’re 13lbs even, 24.75 inches in height and your noggin is 41cm.
So much has happened this past month. Your sleeping habits have changed drastically. We’re not getting the glorious 6-8 hr stretches these days. I still believe it’s a mixture of a lot of things— the paci, learning to soothe yourself, me (I’m definitely part of the problem), sleeping in your pack-n-play, and the 4 month regression that I’ve mentioned before. But last night was monumental as we put you in your crib.
So here’s what you’re into:
-Your voice! You make the cutest little noises but sometimes scream so loud that you scare yourself.
-Your feet- all of a sudden they are constantly in the air as you try to put them in your mouth.
-The Boppy- I can place you in it and you’re quite content as long as there’s a paci nearby
-Saliva- The bubbles that come out of you are ridiculous. We’re thinking pre-teething? There’s no signs of teeth cutting yet, but you MUST have something in your mouth at all times.
-Cloth Diapers- Still going strong with the FuzziBunz but thinking of purchasing some Bum Genius Cloth Diapers
-Your monkey. You get so excited and grab for your soft little monkey whenever we’re hitting the road.
-TV- I hate to say this, but when mama needs a few minutes, it’s a sure bet
-Boudreaux’s Butt Paste- This has been the answer to all your rash prayers. It’s seriously like magic.
-Plastic Links- You hold these and wave them around and giggle all the time. Your grip has become quite strong these days and you’re starting to reach for anything that is close by. Just yesterday you took the plastic wrap off of the salad next to you at Nana’s.
-Kokopax Carrier- (that I got for free on Zulily mind you) Wow this has then been a life saver. You let out the largest belly giggle when I first put you in this thing and then passed out moments later.
-STIMULATION- Anything and everything that stimulates you. There is no more laying you down real fast to do something. You freak! You must be doing something at all times. Of course if that’s not possible, I do let you cry a bit— it’s good for you— but you are very particular about me sitting you down “real fast”.
Here’s what you dislike-
- Your carseat. When did this happen? This makes me sad beyond words because you used to pass right out when I put you in your carseat. I cannot tell you how many times I’ve had to pull over recently, for fear that you’re going to pass out from crying so hard. I now realize that I cannot keep doing this. So when in doubt, a quick phone call to your Nana, and she talks me out of pulling over.
-Like I mentioned before, laying down without being stimulated
- For about a month you decided you hated the bottle. You completely refused to take it and just within the past 2 days, I’m happy to say you’re taking the Dr. Brown’s bottle (hesitantly) again. (For those wondering, yes I have literally only been breastfeeding)
- This is a wee bit embarrassing, and I plan to touch on this later, but you’re having a really difficult time with your father. I hate to put this under the “dislike” section, but whenever I step out for just 15-20 minutes you freak out, gagging, with tears streaming down your face. The sad thing is that this is only when you’re with your daddy— it makes me incredibly sad, but we’re determined to figure out what’s going on. Maybe you smell the fear in him :)
And something has been going on with your hair lately. The second you get just a tad bit warm, your hair turns into this crazy frizz of a mess. I think it’s cute, but I do foresee frizz control hair products in your future.
As for me, I’ve been struggling a bit mentally, but mainly due to what’s going on physically. My plantar fasciitis has really put me down in the dumps. I’m in constant pain but have decided that pain or no pain, I cannot go without exercising any longer. I realize that a lot of my negative energy from sleep deprivation and the constant struggle with my feet, is not healthy for myself or anyone else around me.
I’ve learned so much in this short little month of your life. We have so many great things to be excited about, and I cannot wait to continue this journey with you by my side— and please, more sleep. PLEASE.
I love you sweet little almond eye girl.
- keepingupwthejones likes this
- ruusunmarjoja likes this
- butterfly-mama said: My girl used to have a hard time with dad as well, then I got SUPER sick and couldn’t do much to be with her, so they had to cope and figure each other out while I slept and tried to get better… They are BFFs now :) It’ll get better as she ages!
- nemwithlove likes this
- dover said: My 4 month old had a “I hate daddy” phase recently. I was at a loss for what to do, but luckily it only lasted 2 weeks. She loves him again now. So take heart, it’s probably just a short phase that will work itself out.
- katunedited likes this
- amiracle4us said: Wait, I’m not in the ‘like’ list!!!
- otherthingsisay likes this
- ilovebean said: Aw man, that stinks about the plantar fasciitis. Hang in there. She’s adorable as always. Happy 4 months (time flies)!
- itsalovethingalways likes this
- ilovebean likes this
- pamilya likes this
- nosmokewithoutpryor likes this
- howtomakelovestay likes this
- gavinandxandersmom likes this
- everyday-k likes this
- myivflife likes this
- mylittlelovebug likes this
- lynneharris said: You have the prettiest baby I’ve ever seen! Get that girl modelling, ASAP!
- kindnessandmischief likes this
- viaukraine likes this
- feather-hugs likes this
- dylandemsmom likes this
- ohhappymiracle posted this